Many of us struggle to drink enough water each day. Admittedly, it’s not as interesting as coffee, soda, or fruit juice. Not only does water offer hydration, it can also help flush out all the toxins and waste from your system. These recipes, with their fruity flavors and straightforward preparation, will transform your water drinking experience. By adding fruit and herbs to the mix, you can make sipping on water a powerful medicine.
A lot of people find that they reap many benefits from regularly detoxifying their bodies. These recipes can be used for that, but it’s always wise to consult with your physician before a detox:
This refreshing beverage is also called the Zero Calories Detox Water. Instead of sipping on soda or fruit juice, which can make you gain weight without you even noticing, you can drink this flavorful beverage. It's a tasty alternative to plain water. The fusion of apple and cinnamon cleanses your system of toxins and can help speed up the process of your body's ability to cut water weight.
• Fuji apples
• Cinnamon sticks, or one teaspoon powdered cinnamon
1. Slice the fuji apple and place the slices in a pitcher.
2. Add a cinnamon stick.
3. Cover it with ice and then pour in the water.
4. Let the mixture sit for 15 minutes.
5. Drink instead of soda or juice.
Drink this powerful fusion throughout the day to flush out your system. This beverage is a great way to remove toxins from the blood and liver. Apple cider vinegar is particularly powerful at stimulating lymphatic fluid to move and helps improve digestion. Lemons are immune-boosting, antiviral, and antibacterial while the cucumber serves to keep one stay hydrated by helping the body absorb water. Mint is known to help with digestion, headaches, nausea and respiratory issues.
• 1 lemon
• ½ cucumber
• 4 sprigs mint
• 2 quarts filtered water
• 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1. Slice the lemon and cucumber very thinly.
2. Place equal quantities in two quart sized bottles.
3. Place mint leaves into the bottles.
4. Fill the bottles with water, leaving room for 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
5. Add the apple cider vinegar.
6. Refrigerate overnight.
This is a fantastic summer drink with a sweet zest, that can make detoxifying more enjoyable. The combination of strawberries, rosemary, and watermelon provide you with added vitamins and plenty of antioxidants, which can help the water flush out toxins. This drink is also anti-inflammatory and has skin enhancing nutrients to boot. You can also add a dash of lemon for a source of bioflavonoids.
• 1 cup strawberries
• 2 cups watermelon, cubed
• 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
• Dash of course salt
• Filtered water
1. Mash the strawberries and rosemary against the side of a bowl. (This is called muddling.)
2. In a pitcher add the cubed watermelon, muddled strawberry, and rosemary.
3. Pour water over this and stir.
4. Refrigerate for 6 hours.
5. Drink throughout the day.
This is another delicious way of making drinking water more enjoyable. This recipe is similar to the apple cider vinegar one, but more suited to those who can’t stomach vinegar. In this natural combination, lemon, mint, and cucumber work together to boost the immune system, aid digestion and hydrate your body well, while the water removes impurities.
• 12 cups of water
• 3 lemons
• 1 small cucumber
• 15 mint leaves
1. Rinse the lemons and cucumbers.
2. Slice them thinly.
3. Place the lemons, cucumber and mint sprigs into a pitcher.
4. Add in water and refrigerate for 4 hours. (Refrigerating overnight will give the drink more flavor).
5. Drink with ice.
This fruity drink is superb for helping you burn fat, while also offering hydration. The water removes waste, the tangerine processes glucose effectively instead of turning it into fat, and the grapefruit bolsters your metabolism. The cucumber makes your body feel full, and the mint helps with digestion, allowing for waste to eliminate effectively.
• ½ gallon water
• 6 wedges pink grapefruit
• 1 tangerine
• ½ cucumber
• 2 mint leaves
1. Rinse the grapefruit, tangerine, cucumber, and mint leaves.
2. Slice the grapefruit into wedges, and cut the cucumber and tangerines into slices.
3. Mix all of these fruits in pitcher with half a gallon of water and add ice.
4. Let the ingredients sit for 2 hours.
5. Drink this beverage continuously throughout the day.
Cover image courtesy of Depositphotos