1. Frog Bend
No equipment is necessary for this resistance exercise.
1. Lie on your back on a mat, keeping your legs extended over the hips. Keep your feet flexed, heels together and your toes turned out.
2. Bend your knees slowly, taking them out to the side, then straighten them back. Use your inner thigh muscles to control the movement.
3. Do the exercise for a total of three sets, with 10 repetitions each, resting in between each set.
2. Scissor Kicks
This exercise moves your legs in multiple directions, working out both your inner thighs and your core.
1. Lie on your back, arms out to the side.
2. Raise your feet about 30cm (12 inches) off the floor. Control your core muscles and scissor your legs up and down for 10 repetitions.
3. Alternatively, you can scissor your legs side to side, crossing one foot over the other and alternating your top leg each round. Repeat for a total of 10 repetitions per leg, completing one set.
4. Repeat the exercise for a total of three sets, trying not to release your legs in between.
3. Side and Cross Over Lunges
Tone your inner thighs with a full body workout.
1. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Take a wide step with your left foot as shown in illustration A. Bend your right knee, pushing your hips behind you when you are stepping aside. Keep your back straight and your face forward. Extend your right leg as you move your body weight onto your left side.
2. If needed, touch the ground with your fingertips for extra support, placing each hand on either side of the left foot. Return to standing and perform one set for each leg with 10 to 15 repetitions.
3. Alternatively, you can do the classic lunges, as shown in illustration B. Stand with your right leg forward, and your left leg back. Slowly bend the knees until both legs are at a right angle. Then push back up to starting position. Keep your back straight and don't let your knees extend over the toes. Practice one set for each leg at 10 to 15 repetitions.
4. Seated Ball or Pillow Squeeze
Give your inner thighs a nice squeeze with this workout.
1. Sit on a chair. Keep your feet rested on the floor, knees bent at a 90-degree angle.
2. Place a ball, or a pillow, between your thighs. Take a long deep inhale. As you exhale, squeeze the ball between your thighs. Hold for 1 minute, breathing normally then rest for 30 seconds to one minute and repeat again for another two sets.
5. Inner Thigh Lift and Circles
Works your glutes, core and inner thigh muscles.
1. As shown in the illustration, lie on your right side, supporting your head with your bent arm.
2. Bend your left leg, placing your foot on the floor in front of your right leg, holding your ankle for support. Keep your right leg extended.
3. Use your inner thigh muscles to lift your right leg upwards (about 15cm or more). Hold for a couple of seconds then slowly lower your right leg back. Repeat for 10 to 20 times on each side.
6. Side Squat with a Band
This exercise requires resistance bands. It works on your inner and outer thighs, hips and bottom.
1. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Tie a band around your lower legs.
2. Then lift your right leg, while pressing the resistance band out. Your left leg remains on the floor. Then bend your knees into a deep squat and stand up again, bringing your feet back to shoulder-width apart.
3. Repeat the exercise, alternating your legs, or taking 10 steps to the left and then 10 steps to the right.