1. It's an antidepressant: Rose oil boosts self esteem, confidence and mental strength and has also been shown to fight depression as well as relieve anxiety. Regular doses of this essential oil has been reported to bring a positive boost to those that suffer from acute depression. This oil is said to invoke positive thoughts, spiritual relaxation and feelings of joy, happiness and hope.
2. It can be used to treat wounds: This is perhaps one of the most fragrant and luxurious ways to treat wounds. It can be applied topically to wounds, protecting them from becoming septic and developing infections.
3. It offers protection from viruses: Rose essential oil acts as a shield against any type of virus. In fact, studies have shown that it protects against many different types of viral infections.
4. It is an aphrodisiac: Roses, due to their scent, have long been associated with romance and love. The aroma of roses can arouse you, boost the libido and invoke romantic feelings. In turn, it can reduce symptoms of sexual dysfunction, erectile dysfunction, and frigidity and general disinterest in sexual activity with partners.
5. It contains astringent properties: Rose oil strengthens gums and hair roots while toning and lifting the skin, contracting muscles, intestines and blood vessels. This protects against the untimely loss of teeth and hair, wrinkles, the loss of firmness of intestines and muscles of the abdominal area and limbs associated with aging. Rose essential oil also helps stop the flow of blood from wounds and cuts by contracting the blood vessels. Its astringent properties are also believed to cure certain types of diarrhea.
6. It contains good bactericide: Rose essential oil can be used in the treatment of typhoid, diarrhea, cholera, food poisoning and other diseases which are caused by bacteria. The oil can also cure internal bacterial infections, including those in the colon, stomach, intestines and urinary tract, as well as external infection on the eyes, ears and wounds.
7. It can be used as a laxative: Rose essential oil can serve as a harmless and effective laxative that causes no adverse side effects. It also aids in losing weight and preventing excess toxicity in the body.
8. It acts as a tonic for the nerves: Rose oil gives the nerves strength to bear shock and protects them from disorders that result from age and injuries. Rose oil also keeps your hands from trembling and will help you overcome your anxiety.
9. Helps relieve pains associated with the uterus: From uterine discharge, to tumors, bleeding and irregular menstruation cycles, rose essential oil helps purify the uterus and keeps it functioning properly, even in advanced age, delaying menopause. By regulating menstruation it is possible to eliminate associated symptoms including mood swings, hormonal imbalance, overeating, bloating, cramping and excessive bleeding.
10: It contains a host of other benefits: Rose essential oil is one of the best oils to give you shining, fresh and youthful skin. Its aroma keeps you charged and feeling happy. It promotes circulation, takes care of the heart, reduces blood pressure and helps cure headaches, asthma, dehydration, leucorrhea and various other infections.