1. Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil. Boil the rice for 3-5 minutes, or until al dente, and drain.
2. Fill a large bowl with warm water. Dip one of the wrappers into the hot water for 1 second to soften.
3. Lay the wrapper flat. In a row across the center, place 2 shrimp halves, a handful of vermicelli, basil, mint, cilantro, and lettuce, leaving about 2 inches uncovered on either side.
4. Fold the uncovered sides inward, then tightly roll the wrapper, starting at the end with the lettuce. Repeat 7 more times.
For the Sauces
5. In a small bowl, mix the fish sauce, water, lime, garlic, sugar, and chili sauce.
6. In another small bowl, mix the hoisin sauce and peanuts.
7. Serve the roll spring rolls with the fish sauce and hoisin sauce.