Take care of your washing machine by following these tips:
• Remove any heavy objects from your washing machine.
• Check all pockets before loading up your washing machine. Remove loose change and other objects before starting the wash cycle.
• Use detergents and softeners that are suitable for the washing machine. Hand-washing detergents create a lot of foam and may ruin your appliance.
• After each wash, wipe the rubber parts inside the washing machine. Clean the dispenser drawer and leave it to dry. Do so regularly to prevent mold from forming.
• Once a load is complete, remove the clothes immediately. Heavy, damp laundry sitting in the washing machine can damage the drum.
• Once a month, clean your washing machine. Run it on empty, on the hottest cycle, plus an empty rinse. Add some lemon juice, vinegar or a descaling agent into the washing powder dispenser compartment.
Maintaining your refrigerator needs to start prior to having it delivered to your home. Bear these tips in mind:
• The refrigerator should be transported in an upright position and should not be tilted more than 40 degrees as the compressor oil might leak out and damage the whole system.
• Prior to switching your refrigerator on, wait for six hours - if you know that your appliance was not tilted during transportation. If in doubt, wait 15.
• Hot dishes should not be placed in the refrigerator. Let them cool down first.
• Modern refrigerators do not need to undergo a complete defrosting twice a year. But it is nevertheless recommended that you give your fridge a full clean every now and then, disconnecting it from the socket prior to doing so.
• The back of the refrigerator should also be cleaned from dust on an occasional basis. Use a vacuum cleaner beforehand.
Keep your slow cooker well maintained with the following tips:
• Do not use a dirty or wet pan. Doing so can lead to breakage.
• Wipe the inside surface of your slow cooker's lid after preparing food. This will stop unwanted moisture, oily fumes and leftover food bits from accumulating there.
• Don't use the slow cooker pan to rinse the grains as this could scratch the inner surface. For this reason, you should wash the pan with a soft sponge.
• Keep the cooking ingredients below the maximum capacity mark.
Increase your dishwasher's shelf life with the following tips:
• Position the dishes correctly: upside down.
• Rinse the dishes before putting them into the washer, removing any food and fat residues.
• Remove any stickers from plates and cups as these can clog the filters.
• Arrange the dishes in such a way that they don't touch each other and don't hinder the rotation of the water sprinkler.
• Use dishwashing powders and tablets only. Malfunctions can occur if you opt for ordinary dishwashing liquids.
• Keep cutlery and other small objects from scattering by placing them correctly so that they do not block the washer's rotating parts.
Get the most of your microwave with these tips:
• If heating lightweight products put a glass of water in the microwave as well. The water will absorb some of the microwave radiation which should provide better results.
• Be sure not to block your microwave's ventilation grilles. Remove any heavy objects from on top.
• Do not use crockery that is not suited for microwave ovens: ignoring this warning may start a fire.
• Avoid heating products longer than necessary.
• Remove food and grease residues from the appliance's inner surfaces using soft cleaning aids.
These handy tips will keep your toaster in top-notch condition:
• Keep your toaster away from water. Do not use wet hands to handle your appliance and keep it away from flammable objects such as curtains.
• Toasters should only be used for dry bread and pastries, not for other types of bread such as scones with glaze, butter or cream.
• Clean the crumbs from inside the toaster at least once a week. Remove it from the plug socket before cleaning.
These tips will ensure that you get the most from your blender:
• A blender should not be used to shred excessively hot, just cooked products. Wait until they have cooled.
• No liquid should get inside the blender's motor housing. To clean the blender take a moist cloth and wipe the casing.
• When you are done using it, remove the appliance from the plug.
• Blenders are not recommended for shredding dry ingredients, such as crackers.
Images 1, 2, 3, 4, 7: depositphotos.com