1. Preheat the oven to 325F. Then generously grease and lightly flour a bundt pan and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine the butter, shortening and sugar until creamy. Then mix in the eggs, one at a time.
3. Fold in the vanilla and lemon extract, then fold in the lemon zest and the lime zest.
4. Gradually add the flour and the salt and mix until combined.
5. Mix in heavy whipping cream and 7-up until well combined and the batter appears fluffy.
6. Spoon the batter into a bundt pan and bake for 1 hour and 10 to 15 minutes. Be sure to check on the cake after the 1 hour mark, by inserting a knife into the middle. If ready, it should come out clean.
7. Let the cake sit in a pan until the pan is warm to the touch. Then remove and place on a cooling rack.
8. Drizzle with 7-up glaze if desired.
Get free access To all the posts in our new app!