Garlic and honey have both been used as a food source and a medicine since ancient times, and many ancient cultures firmly believed in their ability to heal illness.
For instance, the Ancient Egyptians believed that garlic helped to increase strength and productivity, improve circulation and get rid of insect infestations, while the Ancient Greeks believed that garlic enhanced their courage and protected their skin against poisons.
With regards to honey, the Ancient Egyptians, Greeks and Romans believed that honey helps heal wounds faster and overcome cardiovascular and gastrointestinal problems.
What's more, the ancients have been proven completely correct.
Combining garlic with honey gives you a natural cure to strengthen your immune system and keep your body healthy. Find out how to combine the two below:
Scientific Health Benefits of Garlic
It has also been known to alleviate the symptoms of:
• An enlarged prostate
Furthermore, when garlic is combined with onion and ginger, it has the ability to detoxify the body after a chemotherapy session.
Scientific Health Benefits of Honey
Honey, just like garlic, is a superfood. It:
• Has antiseptic and antibacterial properties and therefore can be used to help heal burns and wounds. To add to this, it can help with digestive system problems
• Alleviates the pain of hangovers and sore throats
• Is an energy booster
• Boosts the immune system
• Helps moisturize and keep skin smooth
• Is rich in cancer fighting antioxidants
• Can ease stress and improve sleep
If you are feeling unwell a spoonful of this mixture will help you feel a lot better. To strengthen your immune system take one spoonful each morning before eating or drinking – if your stomach is not empty, your body will not absorb all the vital nutrients.
• 3-4 heads of garlic
• A cup of raw honey
• A small jar with a lid
1. Separate the heads into single cloves.
2. Take the outer layer off the cloves (don’t peel completely though).
3. Add the garlic cloves to the jar.
4. Pour the honey over the cloves.
5. Use a spoon to release any trapped air.
6. Make sure the cloves are fully covered and place the lid on the jar.
7. Leave the mixture in the fridge or at room temperature for a few days.
8. Eat and feel better.
N.B you can add herbs or lemon juice for some additional taste.