There are many methods that help with weight loss. Some are more arduous than others, but I doubt there is a simpler and more effective way than drinking fennel seed water throughout the day. This golden drink you can easily make at home has such a refreshing, clean scent you'll feel it working even before you sip it. It has a taste that reminds one of licorice, and it also refreshes the breath.
I highly recommend knowing about this drink and the simple ways of making it, so you too can sip it every day and enjoy its slimming properties. I started drinking fennel seed water a few months ago, and I can definitely attest to a change in my life. This is a very old remedy that helps weight loss, originating in India, and it works remarkably well.
How does fennel seed water help with weight loss?
In addition to fennel seeds containing potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, calcium and Vitamins A and C, they also offer a variety of health benefits that aid our weight loss:
1. Accelerates metabolism: Our metabolism is the rate in which our cells use the energy we gain from the food we eat. By boosting and accelerating this process, the calories we consume are used by our cells more rapidly, which both gives us energy and helps us burn fat from our body.
2. Suppresses hunger: The fennel seed water prevents muscle contraction, which helps with our hunger pangs by relaxing the stomach muscles, and so we feel less hungry.
3. Purifies the blood: Fennel seed water helps dump the remnants of urine acid in the blood, and in addition, breaks down stomach acids to prevent the accumulation of additional fat in the liver.
4. Helps with toxin clean-up: In today's world, we are beset by toxins at every corner: Car exhaust fumes, cosmetics, polluted water and meat. Fennel seed water helps wash the body, purifying it from these toxins and removing them through the kidneys.
5. Encourages the production of melatonin: Melatonin is the hormone responsible for our sleep cycles. A good night's sleep is between 6 and 9 hours, and is essential for good health and the appropriate body weight. Drinking fennel seed water helps make sure that the melatonin levels in our body work in our favor and prevent insomnia. Note: This doesn't mean the drink will make you sleep, quite the opposite: During the day you will feel like you have extra energy, but you will notice it is easier to fall asleep come bedtime.
If you'd like to begin with caution, start with 1-2 glasses a day and see how your body reacts. Slowly, you can raise that amount to 4 glasses per day (1 liter). In addition, even though this is a completely natural drink, you should check for allergies or any pre-existing conditions (for example, this drink should not be drunk by pregnant women).
Recipes for fennel seed water
Preparing the fennel seed water is a very simple process that will do miracles for your body. There are two "recipes" one can follow. The first includes cooking in boiling water and cooling them, and the second includes soaking the seeds overnight. Pick the method most suitable for you, and start taking better care of your health and weight.
A few tips: It is recommended to use filtered water, the cleanest you can drink. To add aroma to the beverage, you can roast the fennel seeds in a pan until they release their sweet scent (about 20 seconds). It's recommended one starts with a small amount (about half what appears in the recipes). If you like the drink and feel like you've finally found your method for losing weight, continue drinking it every day.
Method #1: Cooking the fennel seed water
Personally, I prefer the following method because it's easier to make, and when I wake up in the morning I can just take it with me as I leave the house. It doesn't use heat, either, and so there's no risk of harming the quality of the fennel seeds.
How much fennel seed water should I drink throughout the day?
Although this drink helps with weight loss, drinking more of it will not make the process any quicker. Like everything else in life, this drink should be drunk in moderation. Follow the instructions in the recipe and make a daily batch with 1 liter of water, sipping it throughout the day.