When it comes down to desserts, is there really anything that can beat a delicious slice of warm cherry pie? We’ll answer that question for you – NO! Here’s how you can make yourself and your family (if you can bring yourself to share some) a delicious cherry pie!
Cherry Pie (8 Servings)
• 1 recipe pastry for a 9-inch double crust pie
• 4 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup white sugar
• 4 cups pitted cherries
• ¼ teaspoon almond extract
• ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 ½ tablespoons butter
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place the bottom crust in pie pan and set the top crust aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the tapioca, salt, sugar, cherries, and extracts. Let it stand for 15 minutes. Turn it out onto the bottom crust and dot with butter.
4. Cover with the top crust, flute edges, and cut vents in top. Place the pie on a foil-lined cookie sheet – in case of drips.
5. Place in the oven and bake for 50 minutes, until golden brown. Let it cool for several hours before slicing.
Craving Even More Sweetness? Here Are 6 Additional Articles With Excellent Dessert Recipes