Yup, you heard that right! The things that keep wounds clean and your fridge smelling fresh will also do wonders for your mouth. This mixture is our favorite because it’s made from common household items which are easy to get a hold of, it’s cheap, and there are no hidden additives or chemicals.
To make your own plaque-busting mouthwash, you will need the following:
• 1 tablespoon of baking soda
• ½ a cup of salt
• ½ cup of drug store hydrogen peroxide (1-3%)
• 1 cup of cold water
• ½ cup of warm water
1. Combine the salt and baking soda in a small container.
2. Run your toothbrush under some warm water, then swirl the bristle around in the baking soda-salt mixture.
3. Brush your teeth normally, and spit out the homemade paste when finished.
4. Now to the best part – the mouthwash! This step is simple. All you need to do is combine the ½ cup of hydrogen peroxide with the ½ cup of warm water, and swish it around in your mouth for a minute or two.
5. To remove as much plaque as possible, use a toothpick on the hard-to-reach areas, and rinse the excess away with some cold water.
Repeat this procedure up to twice a week, but please remember that this DIY dental routine is not meant to replace your daily brushing and flossing. Just think of it as a fast, fun, and economical way to make plaque a thing of the past.