This homemade Banoffee pie is one of our favorite desserts here at Baba-Mail, a video recipe we created especially for our viewers. The classic and much loved recipe calls for a golden caramel mix topped over a crushed biscuit base. Your guests will surely be wowed by this incredibly delicious dessert. Enjoy and be sure to check out the recipe below.
Here's the recipe:
For the base:
• 7 tbsp (100g) butter, melted
• 250g graham crackers or digestive biscuits, crushed
For the toffee:
• 7 tbsp (100g) butter
• ⅔ cup (100g) dark brown sugar
• 1 can (14 oz/397g) sweetened condensed milk
For the top:
• 3 to 4 bananas
• 1¼ cup (300ml) heavy cream, lightly whipped
• Cocoa powder
1. Crush the crackers/biscuits in a food processor or by hand, as finely as possible. Mix it with the melted butter and spread it around the base of an 8-inch (20 cm) springform pan. If you wish, you may grease the pan beforehand to make it easier to remove the pie later. Leave it in the freezer for ten minutes.
2. Melt the butter and brown sugar in a non-stick saucepan over low heat, stirring all the time with a silicon spatula or whisk, until the sugar has dissolved. Add the sweetened condensed milk and bring to a boil, always mixing. Let it boil for about a minute and spread over the biscuit base. Let it cool for a few minutes and then chill it for at least 1 hour in the fridge, until firm.
3. Slice the bananas and place them over the toffee. Top with whipped cream and decorate with cocoa powder. Leave it in the fridge until it’s time to serve.
Get free access To all the posts in our new app!