• 1 onion, cut into wedges
• 4 potatoes, peeled and quartered
• 1 pound carrots, cut into large chunks
• 3 cups water
• 3 cloves garlic, minced 1 bay leaf
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
• 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1 (3 pound) corned beef brisket with spice packet, cut in half
• 1 small head cabbage, cut into wedges
1. Place onions, potatoes, and carrots in a 5-quart slow cooker. Combine water, garlic, sugar, bay leaf, vinegar, and contents of spice packet in a small bowl; pour over the vegetables. Top with brisket and cabbage.
2. Cover and cook on low until the meat and vegetables are tender, 8-9 hours. Remove the bay leaf before serving.
Get free access To all the posts in our new app!