I know what you're thinking - Sweet potato cupcakes? Yuck, how disgusting! Well, set this thought aside, because you really must try these. I was skeptical myself before trying them, but I'm really glad I did as they're absolutely delicious. If you happen to like pumpkin desserts, candied yams, sweet potatoes, or cupcakes, then you'll definitely love these. A moist, tender sweet potato cupcake is topped with a sprinkling of brown sugar which gives a slight crispiness on top, then it's topped off with deliciously browned gooey marshmallows.
• 2 cooked large sweet potatoes
• 1/3 cup heavy cream
• ¼ cup butter
• 1/3 cup brown sugar
• 1 egg
• 1 tsp. vanilla
• Pinch of salt
• ½ cup brown sugar
• 1/3 cup flour
• 1 cup chopped pecans
• 1/3 cup butter
1. In a large bowl, mash the cooked sweet potatoes.
2. Add the rest of the batter ingredients and mix very well.
3. In a separate bowl, mix all the topping ingredients together.
4. Pour the cake mix into 6 cupcake cups, followed by the topping mix.
5. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
6. Add the marshmallows on top, and bake for a further 5 minutes.
Get free access To all the posts in our new app!