1. A traditional stone house in Edale, the Peak District.
2. Summer reflections at Buttermere, Lake District.
3. Ikley Moor in Yorkshire at sunset.
It is not easy to walk alone in the country without musing upon something.
~ Charles Dickens
4. Native ponies on Exmoor, West Somerset.
5. Rolling green hills, the quintessential English countryside scene, Cumbria.
Hearts at peace, under an English heaven.
~ Rupert Brooke
6. Late autumn colors at Cannock Chase, Staffordshire.
7. The mysterious and iconic Silbury Hill in Wiltshire.
When I go out into the countryside and see the sun and the green and everything flowering, I say to myself 'Yes indeed, all that belongs to me!'
~ Henri Rousseau
8. Native deer taking a snooze in the Cotswolds, southern England.
9. Moody skies over Derwent Valley, Peak District.
10. Beautiful hidden waterfall, Yorkshire Dales.
11. The remainders of mysterious, ancient stone circles at Avebury, Wiltshire.
England is never in a hurry because she is eternal.
~ Henryk Sienkiewicz
12. England's most common bird of prey, the kestrel, hunts above the Malvern Hills.
13. A traditional view of the Lancashire countryside, with grazing sheep.
14. St. Augustine Church, Canford Magna in Dorset.
There is no practice... which tends to renovate the constitution, than a temporary retirement to the country.
~ John Sinclair
15. View of Cheddar Gorge, Somerset.
16. The Stourhead estate in Wiltshire as autumn sets in.
17. Cows grazing in the multi-colored surroundings of Wasdale Head, Lake District.
What makes me really happy is a walk in the English countryside. A nice sunset, that British countryside - it means I'm home.
~ Natalie Dormer
18. Patchwork Fields in southern England.
19. A yellow meadow in spring, near Eastbourne.
20. The dawn of a new day in the Cotswolds, Gloucestershire.
The English countryside is the most staggeringly beautiful place. I can't spend as much time there as I like, but I like everything about it.
~ Guy Ritchie