It is said that apple pie is as American as a dish can get. And while this classic dessert may be the nation's favorite dish, what if there were a way to make it tastier? This delicious dessert will surely be your next go to once you discover, not just how truly scrumptious this innovative take on apple pie is, but how incredibly easy it is to make too! Sink you teeth into these mouthwatering apple-pie muffins!
1. Heat a large skillet. Add 2 tablespoons butter and cook the diced apples for 5 minutes.
2. Add 2 tbsp sugar, the cinnamon and a pinch of salt to the mix. Combine well and cook the ingredients through for a further 5 minutes. Then set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, add the flour, the 1/4 cup sugar and 2 tablespoon of butter (cubed). Mix the ingredients together with your fingertips.
4. Prepare your cinnamon roll by flattening each piece into 4-inch rounds. Spray a muffin tray and press each cinnamon roll into the tray.
5. Once complete add the apple mixture then add the sugar topping pressing each one down lightly.
6. Bake at 400F for 10 to 12 minutes. Then allow the cupcakes to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
7. Top each muffin with whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce. Enjoy!
Get free access To all the posts in our new app!