A glass of red wine is ideal in a number of situations, from cooking your favorite sauce, to enjoying a romantic evening with your loved one. But who would've thought this beverage could also come in handy when making cake? This one is nothing like your regular chocolate cake - just a glass of wine spices it up in every sense!
We can probably guess you have all the ingredients for this recipe within reach, including the wine itself. If you do, why not try out this tantalizing delight right now?
Here's how to make it:
• 1 cup flour
• 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
• 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
• 1/2 tsp. baking powder
• 1 stick butter
• 3/4 cup brown sugar
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 2 eggs
• 3/4 cup red wine
• 2 tsp. vanilla
Yield: 12 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
1. Combine the flour, cinnamon, dark cocoa powder and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Mix well and set aside.
2. Place the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a second bowl. Combine them.
3. Stir two eggs into the second bowl, followed by the wine and vanilla, and mix everything together.
4. Combine both mixtures in a bowl and mix until a smooth consistency is achieved.
5. Grease a cake pan and pour in the batter.
6. Place in the oven and bake for 60 minutes at 350 °F.
7. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe from LittleThings.com
Get free access To all the posts in our new app!