How to make the cake
1. Preheat the oven to 375˚F (190˚C). If you intend to use a glass pan, preheat it to 350˚F (180˚C).
2. Mix the sugar, sour cream, egg and softened butter together with a spoon or hand mixer.
3. Mash the bananas and add it and the vanilla extract to the batter.
4. Pour in the flour, salt and baking soda, and mix well.
5. Spray an 8x8 inch pan with baking spray and pour in the batter. This prevents the cake from sticking to the pan.
6. If you want to ensure the cake doesn’t form a hump in the middle, wrap your pan with insulated baking strips.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until you can take a toothpick out clean.
8. Cool the cake before you begin frosting.
Note: If you can’t find vanilla bean paste you can use substitutes:
How to make the frosting
1. Mix the butter and confectioner’s sugar together with a hand mixer, until the mixture is smooth.
2. Slowly start adding in the heavy cream and vanilla bean paste and stir until the mixture is smooth.
3. Spread the frosting on the top of the cooled cake.
4. Serve the cake chilled or at room temperature.
Bonus Video: How to Make Delicious Pecan Banana Bread
Get free access To all the posts in our new app!