Here are the 11 finalists for the 52nd Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2016 award, selected from just under 50,000 entrants. These photographs are all rated excellent for their technical brilliance, creativity and originality. The winner will be announced on October 21st, 2016, and I for one can't wait to see which of these amazing shots is crowned the champion. Which do you think it'll be? I can't decide.
Click on images to enlarge
1. Splitting the Catch (Norway) - An approaching killer whale.
2. Swarming Under the Stars (Hungary) - Mayflies by starlight.
3. Nosy Neighbour (UK) - A city fox peeping out.
4. The Disappearing Fish (Spain) - The amazing lookdown fish.
5. Playing Pangolin (South Africa) - A lion plays with a Temminck's ground pangolin.
6. Termite Tossing (South Africa) - A hornbill eating them one at a time.
7. Crystal Precision (Spain) - The pipistrelle bat.
8. Blast Furnace (Hawaii) - Lava flow from Kilauea
9. Thistle-Plucker (Bulgaria) - A linnet does some picking.
10. Collective Courtship (Australia) - Cuttlefish mating season.
11. Golden Relic (India) - The endangered golden langur.