When it comes to desserts, fruity treats are usually the best. And I love apples, so I was thrilled to come across this recipe that combines two of my favorite treats - brownies and apples. The smell of warm, baked apples fresh from the oven is hard to beat too. Watch how to prepare this delicious dessert, then be sure to save the recipe below:
• 1, 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1/2 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/4 tsp nutmeg
• 1 cup sugar
• 12 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
• 1 large egg
• 1/4 cup orange juice
• 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
• 2 med granny smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped (2 cups)
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray an 8x11 baking pan with non-stick spray.
2. Meanwhile, mix the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl - flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, nutmeg.
3. Stir the chopped apples and lemon juice, and set aside.
4. In a large bowl cream the sugar and butter together and add in the egg, orange juice and vanilla.
5. Meanwhile, mix the dry ingredients and fold in the apples, then spread into an even layer in the prepared baking dish.
6. Bake the brownies for 45 to 50 minutes until they appear golden brown on top. Insert a toothpick into the middle of the cake ensuring that it comes out clean, prior to serving alongside a scoop of ice cream.