Gone are the days were healthy eating was perceived to be minimal and dull. While I do enjoy the crunch and fresh taste of lettuce every now and again, I'm always on the hunt for innovative recipes that make use of vegetables in the most imaginative and delicious ways possible. This simple dish fancies up the way tomatoes are commonly used, and it can be prepared and cooked in the simplest way possible. So, the next time you have your friends or family over, wow them with this appetizing side dish: Baked Parmesan Tomato.
Here's the recipe
• 4 tomatoes, halved horizontally
• 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
• 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• Freshly-ground pepper, to taste
• 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. Place the tomatoes (cut-side up) on a baking sheet and top with Parmesan, oregano, salt and pepper.
3. Drizzle with olive oil and bake until the tomatoes are tender - this should roughly take about 15 minutes.
Get free access To all the posts in our new app!