Some recipes always prove to be a hit among guests - and here's one such recipe. Your friends and family will be blown away by this delicious, yet completely innovative dip. Set it on your table and it will be gone in minutes. It's also incredibly easy to prepare - check out the video below (and be sure to save the recipe just beneath it).
Here's the recipe:
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Meanwhile, heat a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot add the oil and place the steak in the pan. Season the steak with some salt and pepper then sear for a further 4 to 5 minutes on one side until it has browned.
2. Flip the steak over and cook for a further 4 to 5 minutes. The steak should be medium-rare at this point (though if you prefer, cook it to medium). Keep in mind that it will be cooked further in the oven at a later stage.
3. Remove the steak from the pan and let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Meanwhile sauté the onion and bell pepper in the grill until they are tender. This should take about 5 minutes.
4. Cut the steak into thin slices, then dice. Meanwhile, in a medium baking dish mix the cream cheese, mayonnaise and provolone together. Stir in the diced steak and sauteed onion mixture. Spread into an even layer and bake in the preheated oven for a further 20 to 25 minutes. The cheese should appear brown at that point.
5. Serve with toasted baguette or rolls.
Get free access To all the posts in our new app!