It's hard to believe how this delicious dessert's creamy filling and perfect crunchy crust is made. To prepare this scrumptious pie, you only need to make one batter, which as it cooks, separates into two distinct layers: a delectable lemon custard, and a coconut top crust that's delightfully crispy. So, aside from being incredibly easy to make, this dessert is a breeze to clean up too. Check out how easy it is to make in the following video, and be sure to save the recipe immediately below it.
Here's the recipe:
Ingredients (Serves 8)
1. Preheat the oven to 350º F. Meanwhile lightly grease and flour an 8 or 9-inch pie dish.
2. Beat the sugar and eggs together in a large bowl until they appear thick. Then add the melted butter and the milk.
3. Beat the eggs, one by one waiting until each is fully incorporated before adding the next.
4. Then add the vanilla extract, lemon juice and zest, mix well.
5. Gradually mix in the flour until combined.
6. Fold in the coconut flakes, if using (if not, only add 4 tablespoons of butter) and pour the batter into a greased pie pan. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the center has set, but still appears to be wobbly.
7. Remove the pie from the oven and let it cool completely then refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight. Once chilled, slice, serve and enjoy!