Made from natural vegetable oil, this soap is free from detergents, making it an incredible natural item that is beneficial for our health, and which we can use everyday. The soap originated in the Castile region of Spain - hence its name.
The Benefits of Using Castile Soap
1. It is free from toxins: the soap is made entirely from vegetable-based ingredients, including coconut oil, olive oil, hemp oil and jojoba oil, mixed with water and essential oils.
2. It will keep your hands and home germ free: The FDA has stated that there is currently no evidence that antibacterial soaps are more effective at preventing illness than washing your hands with plain soap and water.
3. It is safe for babies and pets: Castile soap is chemical free and uses essential oils that are safe for both babies and pets. Care should be taken around the eye area, as the soap is not tear-free.
4. It is environmentally friendly: Being free from foaming agents, colors, fragrances, chemical detergents, petrochemicals and toxic anti-bacterial agents, Castile soap is gentle on the environment.
5. It is incredibly versatile: Making it one of the biggest reasons to use Castile soap (more on this below).
10 Magical Ways to Use Castile Soap
It is especially good for those with sensitive skin. Castile soap contains chamomile tea leaves and lavender essential oil, both of which help cleanse the face without stripping the skin of its much-needed natural oils.
Both men and women can use Castile soap for a close, smooth shave. Castile soap also contains raw honey which is great for acne prone skin.
Give your non-organic fruits and vegetables a good scrub with Castile soap. Combine a little soap in water and gently rub it over your fresh produce before rinsing thoroughly.
This homemade dish soap works like the store-bought versions. It cleans dishes perfectly! It can also be used as a dishwasher detergent. Follow your wash cycle with a white vinegar rinse to help remove any residues after the wash.
With four simple ingredients, you can wash your laundry, leaving your clothes spotless at a fraction of the price. Combine some Castile soap, borax, washing soda and a couple of drops of essential oil. The combination will help fight stains and odors.
Castile soap can be used on hardwood or tiled floors. Add half a teaspoon of Castile soap to a bucket of warm water and mop up as usual. The soap will help lift the dirt off the floor, without leaving any residue.
For a shiny and clean finish, Castile soap will help get your toilet bowl shiny and clean. The essential oils that Castile soap contains are antimicrobial, disinfecting your toilet and leaving a pleasant scent.
Castile soap works wonders on interior windows and mirrors, exterior windows and doors. Castile soap acts as an emulsifier, binding the dirt and water together. Follow with white vinegar to make your windows sparkle.
Go organic with a simple, but effective pesticide spray, made of just two ingredients: Castile soap and oil. It is especially effective on insects like aphids and mites.
Where to Buy Castile Soap
One of the best Castile soap brands is Dr. Bronner. The soap may be purchased from a well stocked health shop, or supermarket. Alternatively, you can purchase the soap from Amazon.