We all know that fruit offers many helpful health benefits, but who remembers all the myriad reasons why it's good to eat them, and which fruit does what? Here is some great "print-and-hang-on-fridge" information that will remind you why you're eating the particular fruit you're eating, rather than just its delicious taste!
|Bananas are an incredible source of healthy nutrients!|
Bonus: Health Benefits of Consuming Dates
1) Dates are free of cholesterol and contain very low fat. They are also rich in vitamins and minerals.
2) They are a rich source of protein, dietary fiber and vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, A1 and C.
3) They help improve the digestive system, as they contain both soluble and insoluble fibers, as well as different kinds of amino acid.
4) Dates are great energy boosters because they contain natural sugars like glucose, sucrose and fructose. To reap an even greater health benefit, try adding dates to milk for a very nutritious snack.
5) Dates are very low in calories and thus are extremely suitable for health-conscious people.
6) Dates are rich in potassium and reduced in sodium. This helps regulate a healthy nervous system. Researchers have revealed the fact that potassium intake, up to a certain extent, can reduce the risk of stroke.
7) Dates also help to lower LDL ("bad") cholesterol.
8) Dates have high iron content and are very useful for treating anemia. Anemic people are often instructed to consume large amounts of dates to help them with their condition.
9) Dates also have fluorine that slows down tooth decay.
10) They help people suffering from constipation. Soak dates overnight and eat them together with water if you're having this problem.
11) Dates can help you to gain weight, making them beneficial to those who suffer from an over-slimming problem.
12) Dates are an excellent remedy for alcoholic intoxication.
13) They also help in improve eye sight, curing night blindness.
14) They may improve the sperm count in men when eaten with milk.