Let's face it, we all look at ourselves in the mirror every now and then to check for wrinkles. You don't have to rush out and get a Botox injection just yet, since there are plenty of superfoods that can help promote healthy and clear skin.
Although the aging process is inevitable, there are plenty of external factors that can cause the unwanted folds and creases from appearing on your face.
Most Common External Causes for Wrinkles:
12 Foods That Help Slow Down the Aging Process:
1) Tomatoes - Tomatoes are rich in the powerful antioxidant known as lycopene, which helps protect your skin from skin diseases. The antioxidants also fight off free radicals, which can drastically affect your skin, causing wrinkles to form. Make sure you limit your exposure to the sun, and keep away from harmful UV lights.
2) Cold Water Fish - When it comes to healthy foods, you can count on cold water fish to top each list! Salmon contains an essential nutrient called DMAE, which can decrease the appearance of lines and sagging on the face. The natural anti-inflammatories contained in the fish, help fight off heart disease, lower blood cholesterol, and improve memory.
3) Avocados - The vitamins contained in the natural oils of avocados help keep your skin fully nourished and rejuvenated. They also flush harmful toxins from the body and act as a natural acne treatment. Helping you maintain a youthful and vibrant appearance.
4) Green Tea - The powerful polyphenol antioxidants contained in green tea, protect your face from sun radiation, and allow your skin cells to regenerate quicker. Green tea is high in vitamin C, which contributes to collagen synthesis. Drink a cup of green tea each morning with breakfast, and reap the benefits!
5) Honey - Honey might just be the original skin treatment solution. Honey can be transformed into a pore cleansing facial mask that can help you turn back the hands of time. It acts as a natural skin lotion, keeping your face fully hydrated and smooth. You can add a tablespoon to your cup of green tea.
6) Pomegranate - Drinking a glass of pomegranate juice a day can prevent wrinkles from appearing. The antioxidants contained inside the juice stop the production of free radicals from reaching the DNA in your cells. It can also slow down the aging process, and repair cell damage in the skin.
May also interest you:
7) Carrots - Carrots contain high levels of Vitamin A, known as beta carotene, which promotes clear skin and prevents those unwanted creases on your face. Carrots also aid in the production of collagen and blocking the harmful free radicals from attacking your cells. You can steam them, eat them raw, or drink them as a juice.
8) Yogurt and Kefir - The L. acidophilus bacteria found in yogurt, can help treat against facial wrinkles. A yogurt or kefir topical solution may be applied to blemishes and folds along the face. Kefir contains three times the amount of probiotics found in traditional yogurts, which also keep your immune system healthy and strong.
9) Peaches - Peaches help protect against harmful UV rays, and minimize free radical damage to your skin. Peaches are great sources of vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin K, magnessium and potassium. They assist in removing dark circles from under your eyes, while regenerating skin tissues. So, go ahead, reach for that delicious peach!
10) Nuts - Walnuts contain the essential omega-3 fatty acids, which is a fat-soluble nutrient that promotes beautiful glowing skin. Walnuts lower the bad LDL cholesterol levels, and help fight off drowsiness and fatigue. You can snack on a handful of walnuts, almonds, pistachios, or peanuts, to stay fully energized throughout the day.
11) Olive Oil - You can apply a little olive oil to the skin, so it says healthy and blemish-free. Olive oil helps treat against dry and cracked skin as well. Apply a tablespoon of olive oil, and gently massage it to your skin twice a day. You won't need to spend a fortune on facial creams anymore, with this natural pore cleansing solution!
12) Blueberries - Blueberries are loaded with many powerful antioxidants, which prevent long-term cell damage from occurring. The high doses of vitamin C found in blueberries, also help keep your skin smooth and clean. You can add a handful of berries to your breakfast cereals, oatmeal, yogurts, cottage cheese, or just eat them plain.