You're a pirate captain and your crew is about to divvy up the gold you've plundered. They are waiting for your wisdom on the subject.
However, if less than half the pirate crew agree with your division of the gold, they will make you "walk the plank".
How would you divvy up the gold in a way that will keep you alive and with your pockets full of gold?
(The 'Google Riddles' are interview questions those who wish to get hired were asked).
Share the gold with only 51% of the pirates. The other 49% will want to kill you but who cares - they're the minority! This way you'll get the max amount of gold with the majority of pirates voting to keep you alive.
The prisoner was locked up in a room with a dirt floor. The room has one window, which is high up above the prisoner's height. The prisoner had a shovel, but he had only 2 days to get out, and digging would take him more than 5. How would he escape?
"Great Job You Got It"
This riddle is named after Julius Caesar, who is thought to be first to use this cipher.
Simply count the letters and arrange them in groups of the same number, here 4 will be easiest. It will be make 4 rows of 4. Then you put the rows one above the other and read up down, like so:
G T Y O
R J O T
E O U I
A B G T
Until you find the message.
A hundred stones are placed, in a straight line, a yard distant from each other. How many yards must a person walk, who undertakes to pick them up, and place them in a basket stationed one yard from the first stone?
To collect the stones, the person must walk 1 yard to pick up the first stone, and then they had to double the distance each time - 2 yards, 4 yards, 8 yards etc.
To find the answer we multiply 202 by 50 = 10,100 yards.