Big and small, old and new - there are thousands of stunning buildings in every country and every continent on this planet. Yet, we often tend to zoom in and remember only a handful of them. In this article, we wanted to share the beauty of architecture that goes beyond the obvious architectural sites like the Roman Colosseum, the Taj Mahal, and the Eiffel Tower. Just like these famous architectural masterpieces, all 21 of these mesmerizing buildings deserve your attention, to be known and visited by crowds of tourists every year.
1. A stunning view at the Fisherman's Bastion in Budapest, Hungary.
2. The mesmerizing Matsumoto Castle in Matsumoto, Japan dates back to the 16th century.
3. This charming cottage in Broxbourne, England, is known as the Burnt Farm Cottage, and it dates back to the 1840s
4. Fort Bourtange is located in the Netherlands and was built in 1593.
5. The Eltz Castle in Wierschem, Germany, has been occupied by one family since 1470.
6. These colorful buildings in El Alto, Bolivia, were designed by Freddy Mamani.
7. The Shah Jahan Mosque in Pakistan dates back to the 17th century and is famous for its intricate brickwork.
8. Over 150 trees grow on this apartment building in Turin, Italy.
9. The Stará Plynárna (or Old Gasworks Building) is a stunning restaurant in the middle of the woods near Hrensko, Czech Republic.
10. The Spitzhäuschen is a narrow historic home in Bernkastel-Kues, Germany, that dates back to 1416.
11. The Capt James Taylor House (1892) is a notable Victorian home in Marine City, Michigan.
12. The Sumela Monastery in Turkey is a Greek Orthodox Monastery built in 386 AD. The building sits on a cliff at an altitude of 1,200 meters (almost 4 thousand feet).
13. A hallway at the Gloucester Cathedral in the UK, which dates back to 678 AD.
14. A view at Edinburgh Castle from the Vennel Steps in the Old Town of Edinburgh, Scotland.
15. Inside the Ark of Bukhara - an old fortress in Uzbekistan.
16. The beautiful Ruyi Bridge in China.
17. The Fishing Village hotel complex on the Oka River near Ryazan, Russia
18. The Bridge of Immortals is situated in the Yellow Mountains (Huangshan) of China, and it looks like it jumped straight out of a fairytale!
19. The Arnavutköy historic neighborhood in Istanbul, Turkey, is famous for its wooden Ottoman-era buildings.
20. A top view at Plaza Mayor, a major public space in Madrid, Spain
21. The entrance gate of the St. Petersburg Mosque in Russia. The building was designed by the architect Nikolai Vasilyev.
Share these stunning buildings with others!