When we say that some things used to be simpler and better, younger generations often tend to shrug that comment off simply because they don't know any better. They weren't around then! Sometimes, it's just a romantic nostalgic feeling for the times when we were young and naive, but trust your gut when it tells you that some things REALLY were better back then!
Here are 11 vintage and antique items purchased by the users' grandparents. All are very well maintained, and they all still function perfectly! Some of them are real antiques - like a desk that outlived many owners and is 228 years old and still in use! Amazing, isn't it? This goes to show that loyalty pays off: take good care of your things, and they'll take good care of you, just like with anything else in life.
1. Singer sewing machine from 1916
2. 1960s Rolleicord 6x6 film camera and its photos
3. 1960s Colman Snow-Lite Low Boy Cooler
4. Great Uncle's Watch That Lived Through Combat In WW2
5. Wedgewood Oven that is 70 years old
6. Levi's Jacket From 1980
7. Cross pens from the 1960s
8. 1971 Schwinn Racer bicycle
9. 1960s Camping table set
10. Vorwerk Tiger 251 from 1982
11. Wooden desk that is 228 years old