Why would you throw something away when you can remake it into something useful? The idea of reusing, remaking, and essentially recycling old items is as old as time. It’s a tradition practiced by all previous generations, one we will hopefully all maintain and honor.
Even if you don’t fancy the idea of drinking from a once broken cup or don’t need another camp cooler, you could always make these items benefit other living things. These 17 do-it-yourself projects are a great source of inspiration for those of you who want to waste less and learn to mend and transform things instead of throwing them away.
1. "This kind man is recycling old camp coolers to make warm kitty shelters for winter! How cool is this?!"
2. This person takes plastic shipping straps from hardware store waste and uses them to create these sturdy baskets!
3. A beautiful rose made of recycled cutlery
4. Replacing an old fence? You can easily use the old fencing to make garden boxes!
5. An old bicycle wheel became a stunning wall decoration!
6. This old fan had a bad motor, so the owner turned it into a unique lamp
7. We'd love to own that stunning TV stand!
8. A broken pot like this can be turned into a succulent fairy garden. This beauty will surely become the centerpiece of any patio or porch.
9. Old teacups that became beautiful bird feeders!
10. This old microwave cart became the best Christmas present for the little ones - a rolling Lego stand.
11. From a vintage TV into a stylish bar!
12. I can't believe that cute onesie was once a sweater!
13. With a little cleaning, paint, and some extra wood, this old military file cabinet got a brand new life!
14. Can you even believe that this reusable shopping bag was once a pile of plastic bags?
15. Even a simple diaper box can be turned into a pretty bookcase!
16. This old grill makes such a beautiful herb garden!
17. A school security guard saved this pile of old benches and gave them back to the school.
Share these inspirational projects with family and friends!