When it comes to parenting in the animal kingdom, mothers usually get most of the credit. And deservedly so. After all, they do the majority of the work in raising the young. However, while not all animal fathers in the wild are known to be doting parents, many of them do play interesting roles. For example, did you know that there’s a frog dad that 'gives birth' to the froglets from his mouth?
These are the kind of diverse roles of animal dads that artist Rob Lang attempts to highlight through his comics. Rob posts funny and educational nature comics on his Instagram page that goes by the name Underdone Comics and here we have shared some of the artists’ best works that show us the amusing and little-known side of animal fathers.
1. This fox kit seems to be testing the father's patience
2. This is how Midwife toad father 'deliver' their babies
3. Monteiro's hornbill dads are given plenty of responsibilities
4. Blanket Octopuses try so hard to be a good father
5. Poor Puffin parents
6. Darwin's frog is a mouth-brooding species. The male frog 'gives birth' to the froglets from his mouth
7. Termite dads are so loyal to their queen!
8. Common Cuckoo Birds
9. You can't help but sympathize with Guillemot fathers
10. Meet the Cassowary dad
11. Pleco Fish fathers are so handsome, aren't they?
12. Orangutan dads aren't impressed that easily
13. Now, that's one cool animal dad, isn't it?
14. Doting Zebra Shark dads
Share these funny comics with your friends and family...