There is a certain fascination that comes with abandoned buildings. After all, every deserted place has a history. You may ask yourself questions like ‘What did this place look like in its heyday?’ or ‘Who were the people that called this place home?’ The sense of mystery is only heightened by the clear signs of the passage of time, like nature taking over the structure.
While abandoned buildings can be creepy, they can also exhibit a mysterious beauty. Just take a look at this collection of intriguing and long-forgotten spots around the world.
1. Abandoned schoolhouse, Licking County, Ohio
2. A gravestone for someone's beloved dog
3. An abandoned house on Eliot St., Detroit, Michigan
Related: 17 Beautiful Abandoned Structures Reclaimed by Nature
4. A petrified iron ladder, somewhere in France
5. An abandoned glass mansion in Virginia
Related: The Eerie Beauty of Abandoned European Buildings
6. A strip club or “oppabu” in Japan, abandoned in 1997
7. An abandoned orphanage built in Istanbul in 1899
8. An overgrown swimming pool
Related: The Haunting Beauty of Abandoned Churches in 13 Images
9. The old mines around Creede, Colorado
10. An abandoned house and BMW, Germany
11. Detroit's abandoned zoo on Belle Isle
12. An abandoned church in Saskatchewan, Canada
13. A psychiatric hospital, Poughkeepsie, New York
Source of images: Acid Cow
Share these images with those who would like them!