There’s something quite captivating about looking at the stars and other celestial objects in the night sky, isn’t there? We can’t take our eyes away from the magnificent canvas above us and, at the right moment, its beauty can take our breath away. Travel and photography blog Capture the Atlas attempts to capture that ethereal beauty of the Milky Way.
This year's best Milky Way photographs take us on an unforgettable trip to the Australian Outback, the national parks of Indonesia, the American Southwest, and some other wonderful places. These incredible photos make for an extremely invigorating look at the night sky across the world.
Related: The Best Photos of the Milky Way Taken From Perfect Places
1. “Chamber of Light” by Spencer Welling. Utah, USA.
2. “Dragon’s Lair” by Daniel Thomas Gum. Mungo, NSW, Australia.
3. “Devil’s throat” by Victor Lima. Iguazu Falls, Brazil.
4. “Paradise” by Marcin Zajac. Bur Sur, California, USA.
5. “Temple of the sun” by Bryony Richards. Capitol Reef National Park, Utah, USA.
6. “Volcano and cross” by Tomas Slovinsky. Villarrica Volcano, Chile.
7. “Mt. Taranaki Milky Way” by Larryn Rae. Fanthams Peak, Mt. Taranaki, New Zealand.
8. “Around dead trees” by Gary Bhaztara. Java, Indonesia.
9. “Cadini di Misurina” by Stefano Pellegrini. Cadini di Misurina, Dolomites, Italy.
10. “When all the stars align” by Kelly Teich. Mammoth Lakes, California, USA.
11. “Navajo nights” by Christine Kenyon. Bisti Badlands, New Mexico, USA.
12. “Desolation” by Phil Sisto. Capitol Reef National Park, Utah, USA.
13. “The Forgotten side of Kangaroo Island” by Blntpencil. Baudin Beach, Kangaroo Island, Australia.
14. “Riaño” by Pablo Ruiz. Riaño, Spain.
Share these beautiful photographs with your friends and family...