Baking soda is known to be effective in unclogging a sink when mixed with salt.
* Mix 1/2 cup of baking soda and salt in a bowl and pour the mixture into the drain.
* Let the mixture sit for about an hour. If the drain is overstuffed, you can even leave the mixture overnight.
* Now, pour boiling water down the drain. When hot water comes into contact with this mixture of salt and baking soda, it creates an aggressive chemical reaction that will be strong enough to unclog even some of the most stubborn bathroom sink blockages.
This method is particularly useful for clearing grease clogs from your kitchen sink. The boiling water and dish soap mixture heats the grease and melts it back into liquid form. Then it can be easily pushed out of the pipe. This mixture is also good for mild blockages in all kinds of sinks.
* Boil about two liters of water and mix in a few tablespoons of liquid dish soap.
* Pour the mixture down the sink. You might have to repeat the process a few times if the grease is a little thick in the drain.
* Pouring just boiling water too works surprisingly well for clearing certain bathroom clogs. For stoppages due to soap scum, in particular, this might really do the trick. Pour the water into the drain three or four times and you should see immediate results.
Sometimes, baking soda and vinegar aren’t enough to clear your drain of hair and grease. In that case, you might have to look for a more potent cleaning product, like borax. Borax is the favorite laundry cleaner in many homes as it's very efficient in eliminating odors. It can also be used to unclog the sink when mixed with salt and vinegar.
* Mix 4 tablespoons of borax, 4 tablespoons of salt, and ½ cup of vinegar together.
* Pour the mixture down the drain and let it sit for an hour.
* Follow it with a pot of boiling water to clear all ingredients down the drain.
Share this post with those who might find it useful