Nature is the original source of inspiration for us humans. We’ve been admiring it for millennia. Yet, somehow, it keeps coming up with new ways to surprise and amaze us. And while not all of us are able to spend hours every day investigating the inner workings of nature, we can all certainly take a few minutes to admire and learn something new about this mysterious world we live in.
In this article, we display 15 unique photos of various natural phenomena - from rare eye colors to beautiful rock formations, and even albino plants.
1. A perfectly-preserved ice print of a leaf
2. This girl has partial heterochromia in both eyes
3. A meteorite against the sun
4. This Ornithoptera rhadamantus butterfly is a gynandromorph: one side of its body is female (left), and the other one is male
5. A few Mastodon teeth and a jawbone someone found in their backyard
6. This is a desert rose. It is a crystal formation made of gypsum that forms in the Sahara Desert.
7. The dew that formed on this trampoline is square-shaped
8. This is the same tree, but the bark looks like it's two different trees
9. Just a baby turtle floating on a piece of bread
10. Emu eggs have a beautiful emerald color
11. A congregation of snails on a tree
12. The frozen water in this water fountain looks like a transparent mushroom
13. This man has a birthmark on his eye
14. Ferns can be albino, too!
15. These huge roots belong to a Sequoia (a person for scale)
Share these cool pictures with family and friends!