Maybe you or someone you love are frontline workers experiencing all the fear and stress of the pandemic first hand. Or maybe you’re struggling with watching the kids or grandkids and also maintaining your usual routine, or you’ve just had it with the unpredictability of the situation. Whatever your situation is, the past year hasn’t been easy on any of us, so give yourself credit for dealing so well with the new, unsettling reality that none of us signed up for.
Resilience is an important test of our character and an essential ability that lets us meet life’s challenges. Whenever you feel like times are getting tough, these quotes will remind you that you can, and will, get through this.
1. "As for any of us in crisis, hope is the one thing that’s everything." - Craig D. Lounsbrough
2. "Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else." - Fred Rogers
3. "I've got some bad news and I've got some good news. Nothing lasts forever." - Kate McGahan
Related: 14 Quotes on Making it Through Hard Times
4. “Life doesn’t get easier or more forgiving, we get stronger and more resilient.” ― Steve Maraboli
5. "The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” -Socrates
Related: 16 Pearls of Wisdom from Socrates
6. “Loving yourself isn’t vanity. It’s sanity.” – Katrina Mayer
7. "I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it." - Maya Angelou
8. "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.”—Kahlil Gibran
Related: 11 Beautiful Quotes to Cultivate Gratitude in Life
9. "It's a funny thing about life, once you begin to take note of the things you are grateful for, you begin to lose sight of the things that you lack.”—Germany Kent
10. "She stood in the storm and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails."
11. "A gem is not polished without rubbing, nor a person perfected without trials.”
12. "Resilience is based on compassion for ourselves as well as compassion for others.”
- Sharon Salzburg
13. "I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance. Never settle for the path of least resistance.”—Lee Ann Womack
14. "Someone I once loved gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift.”—Mary Oliver
Share these inspiring words with someone who needs them right now