The famous figures of ancient Greece and Rome have fascinated all of us for ages. After all, this was one of the most remarkable periods of the past, lasting almost 900 years, featuring some of the most influential people – from powerful emperors to esteemed philosophers – in history. How amazing would it be if we could go back in time and get to meet some of those legendary figures? Well, until time travel is made possible, we have the next best thing.
Artist Alessandro Tomasi loves reconstructing the faces of prominent people from antiquity, particularly those from ancient Greece and Rome. The 20-year-old Italian-Lebanese artist is a student from Florence, Italy, and he is honing his skills at digital recreations of historical figures. He basically takes pictures of the busts of different ancient personalities and, through his technical wizardry, makes them appear as common photos of men and women. This is as close as we can get to seeing how eminent historical characters like Julius Caesar, Cleopatra, Alexander, Plato, and Aristotle, among others, would look like today.
Here, we have presented some of the best reconstructions by Alessandro Tomasi. Let's take a look.
1.Roman emperor Julius Caesar
2. Greek historian Herodotus
3. Greek philosopher Aristotle
4. Greek philosopher Socrates
5. Carthaginian general and statesman Hannibal Barca
6. King of Macedonia Alexander the Great
7. Greek Stoic philosopher Chrysippus of Soli
8. Greek philosopher Plato
9. Roman emperor Hadrian
10. The famous poet Homer
11. Egyptian ruler Cleopatra
12. Greek philosopher and mathematician Pythagoras
13. Roman emperor Caracalla
14. Greek statesmen, orator, and general Pericles
15. Greco-Phoenician philosopher Zeno of Citium
Share these amazing photos with other history enthusiasts...