Europe is filled with some of the most beautiful and charming locations in the world. One of the underrated destinations from this region that deserves more recognition is Finland. This gorgeous Nordic country is known as the land of a thousand lakes and the land of the midnight sun. The Northern European nation is deeply in touch with nature and life there is generally safe, happy, and free.
However, there’s so much more that we still don’t know about Finland. In the pictures below, you will get to see the country’s unique and inimitable way of life. They show us why Finland can be so unusual and fascinating at the same time. Take a look.
See Also: 11 Things That'll Make You Jealous of the Finns
1. Have you ever seen a bag made out of coffee packets?
2. Weather in Finland can change drastically in a matter of just 5 hours!
3. This sign was spotted outside a local supermarket in Finland. The words are loosely translated as “Don’t leave your dog in a hot car".
4. Some people here enjoy playing football in a swamp!
5. A spectacular view of northern lights in Ylläs, Finland.
6. When parking spots become too hard to find in Helsinki (capital of Finland), people don't mind taking out their horses on the road
7. A reindeer herd moves around nonchalantly in the snow in Lapland, Finland’s northernmost region
8. Some Finnish park benches are made in a way that you can enjoy your solitude
9. Ski jumpers here even practice during the summer!
10. The hanging bridges in the Oulanka National Park in Finland are quite amazing
11. Some mornings in Finland, you will be greeted by a few gentle cows...
12. The Finnish spring is so incredibly beautiful and charming!
13. Karjalanpiirakka is a traditional pastry or pie from Finland that has a thin, crispy crust, usually with a filling of rice porridge. Karjalanpiirakka is relished all over Finland at all times and is served as a treat on special occasions.
14. The Oodi library in Helsinki is a breathtaking structure!
15. A view of a wintry night in Finland. Looks so beautiful yet spooky, right?
Share this post with other travel lovers!