It’s been almost a year since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, and at this point, nearly every corner of the world has been somehow affected by the pandemic, the ongoing lockdowns, and other efforts to contain the virus. For most of us, that meant self-isolating, spending way too much money on soap, toilet paper, and hand sanitizer, and being unable to travel and see our families. This “new normal” has changed every aspect of our lives, from our daily activities, social life, commute, and even our wardrobes.
In order to “provide some comic relief from our daily struggles,” graphic designer and artist Irina Blok made a series of lighthearted “before and after” illustrations that show us how our lives have changed as a result of the pandemic. We’re sure that you, too, will find them very relatable!
1. The nonexistent weekend plans
2. We can vaguely remember wearing something other than pajamas in the pre-pandemic times
3. Our outdoor "attire" changed, too
4. And some problems have actually vanished
5. We've all become movie critics during the past months
6. Some things never change
7. While others, like the surge of online shopping, change everything
8. Goodbye, economy...
9. You know things are bad when you miss airline food!
10. Do you remember when we counted time in days and not weeks?
11. The attitude towards face masks has definitely changed
Please share these comics with family and friends!