Every once in a while we see a picture that makes us go ‘wow’. Maybe because they feature something rare, like a magnificent animal or flower, or a unique historical moment. Well, the pictures in the collection below may not exactly have a distinct common theme that unites them, except maybe that amazement factor. So sit back, relax, and take a look at some of the most surprising, beautiful, and fascinating images we came across lately.
1. The night sky petunia. A real flower whose petals resemble galaxies.
2. Queen Elizabeth II has had the same body-double for 30 years. Before the monarch appears at large events, Ella Slack walks, stands, and sits everywhere the Queen will in order to make sure everything is set up perfectly.
3. Elaborate salt labyrinths by Japanese artist Motoi Yamamoto.
4. Titanic vs. a Modern Cruise Ship.
5. A pickup truck in the Philippines fleeing as Mount Pinatubo erupts in the background.
6. A unique light design.
7. A bronze sculpture inspired by the Legend of King Arthur, standing at Tintagel Castle, United Kingdom.
8. Betty White & Lucille Ball had a very close and special friendship that lasted from 1956 until Lucy’s death in 1989.
9. A rare black barn owl.
10. Nineteen-year-old Robert Wadlow (height 8 ft 7 / 2.60 m ), the tallest person in recorded history, on April 1, 1937.
11. The rosy maple moth is one of the most impressive species of moth out there.
12. When the drawing looks better than the actual object...
13. The 1951 Studebaker Manta Ray is a concept car built by Glen Hire & Vernon Antoine, estimated to be worth between $200,000 & $300,000.
14. A toaster from the 1920s.
15. Viking swords at Stavanger Swords Monument, Norway.
16. Reykjanes Peninsula, Iceland
17. The roof of an Aloha Airlines jet ripped off mid-air at 24,000 feet, but the plane still managed to land safely! (28 April 1988)
18. An eclipse during a sunset.
If you enjoyed this article, share it with someone who would love it!