You must have heard of some great innovative uses of cardboard boxes at home but do you know that they can also be used to create amazing photography?
John Marshal is a Maine-based photographer who loves to create silhouette art from cardboard. In a series which he has titled “Sunset Selfies,” John constructs intricate and creative cardboard cutouts and places them against sunsets. The results are some wonderful, amusing, and innovative photographs that will tickle your imagination.
Each of the DIY scenes that John creates has a subtle message and he infuses them with fanciful detail using his talent and playfulness. Check out some of the best Sunset Selfies by the photographer below and watch how these cardboard cutouts come to life.
1. Gliding aboard a Pegasus.
2. Jumping across the canyon.
3. The Iron Giant!
4. Spending a night under the stars with E.T.
5. "Hold on, Mr. Puma! I am trying to get a perfect photo."
6. In conversation with three American Presidents about the mystery of who bit the apple.
7. "Can you tell me the direction to the beach, Mr. Shark?"
8. Look before you leap!
9. Saving a mermaid...
10. Time to ponder... With some birds for company.
11. So, alien abductions are real!
12. Being free!
13. When you wanted a genie but got something else...
14. Nothing to fear when you have a superhero for a partner.
Share this post with those who love photography!