There is no household that hasn’t experienced laundry fails. A wandering sock which colors everything, or a sweater that goes in human-sized and comes out doll-sized. We’ve all been there. Sometimes, it’s funny but at other times it can make us genuinely sad, having to part ways with some beloved garments.
Even if you recently had a disappointing laundry fail, it may encourage you to know that these occurrences are extremely common. So much so that the internet is full of people sharing their funny documentations of their occasional laundry “disasters”. At the end of the day, it’s always better to look at the funny side of things!
1. Washed my favorite sweater
2. A French shirt for a French bulldog!
3. The many stages in my sweater's life
4. I accidentally put my leather gloves in the washing machine
5. I washed and dried a $10 bill, and now it's a "quarter"
6. Maybe that wool hat shouldn't have been machine washed...
7. The washing machine did this all by itself
8. Ed's new outfit seems to have shrunk in the wash
9. One stray red sock sure can do a lot of damage
10. You would think they would make these things waterproof
11. Washing machine shook the detergent off
12. A laundry load of regular rubber gloves accidentally opened the Gate of Hell
13. "I got a new sweater today because mom sucks at doing laundry"
14. Turns out washing machines do eat socks, but there were more surprising things that we found
15. Sorry for your loss Meredith, we kind of shrunk your favorite sweater, but Ella loves her new sweater
16. Mom lesson of the day: check the pockets before doing the laundry
If you found this article funny, share the laughs with your friends and family