A dad's mind works in mysterious ways, and sometimes, the sentence "I don't want this dirty dog in my house, and most certainly not on my favorite armchair" is actually an invitation for the pet to join him on that very same armchair. We've all been there: first, you beg your dad to let you have a pet, and after years of convincing, you're finally given the green light; but the moment the pet meets him, they click instantly and YOUR pet becomes your dad's best friend, and they become inseparable. Don't believe us that this scenario is so common? Well, here's some hilarious and adorable proof from 19 real-life stories of dads who said they "didn't want the darn pet".
1. "He’s never been a dog person. Ever. And now my dad takes Yuki sailing and talks to her wherever they go. “Shall we garden today? Ooh, let’s dig a hole. Where shall we dig it? Over there! That’s good digging. Would you like a carrot? Some water? Shall we get the paper and do the crossword?”
2. No dogs, you say?
3. "My dad dressed "the dog he didn't want" in my childhood dress he kept for his first granddaughter"
4. "'We can’t keep it.' -my dad 10 months ago"
5. "I present to you, my dad who didn’t want another dog."
6. "Dad went from "You're taking him with you when you leave." to "Are you really gonna take him with you??"
7. "'We’re not getting a dog!' Says the man who now matches his suspenders and the dog’s collar"
8. "My Dad (79) went from “I don’t want that dang cat” to carrying her to “her room” for bed each night"
9. "Dad - "I don't want a dog!" Also Dad - "Gaston needs his own bed and night table"
10. “He’s only going to be in the way, I’ll step on him”
11. His facial expression may say "Still don't like her!", but his T-shirt says otherwise...
12. "The purest love is the one between grumpy dads and the pets they said they didn’t want"
13. "That Brown Dog" became "Brown Dog" became "Mr. Brown" became "Doc Brown wants to stay with me when you move out." Doc Brown did move out with us, this is their first reunion after about 6 months."
14. "Dad 5 years ago: 'No dogs!' Dad now: 'He was cold'"
15. "My dad who “didn’t want a cat” showing Lucas every item of the weekly shop because 'he wants to see what we’ve got'"
16. "My dad: Can we return it? If we keep it, it can't go on the furniture and I want nothing to do with it. My dad, out loud, mere days later: “Let’s move this pillow to give you more room. Are you comfy? Do you want some pets? Let’s read together.”
17. "Dad: "No animal allowed in this house!". Also dad:"
18. "Dad: "If we get a tortoise I'm not looking after it" Also Dad: "Get comfy, Hector, and let me show you pictures of your brethren"
19. "No matter how much I begged, my Dad never let me have a pet when I was younger. This is him dragging my cat in a box (which he named the “Kitty Express”) while making train noises, and laughing like a child."
Don't forget to share these adorable pics with others!