Home is where the heart is, they say, and truer words have yet to be spoken. Given that we spend a huge portion of our downtime at home (and thanks to the lockdown, our work time too), it’s important to feel comfortable and free in your own home. Entering your house should fill you with a sense of joy, warmth, and familiarity. Sometimes, all you need to turn a dull, cramped room into a lustrous open area is a few home renovations, most of which can be done with your own two hands. Some renovations can help you bring your dream home to life, while others allow you to optimize how you use every square inch of your property. These pictures are just a few examples of the way a house can be transformed.
1. All it needed was a touch of blue
2. Spot the differences
3. I like a little technicolor in my home office
4. We traded one bookshelf in for two
5. New walls, new curtains, new sheets!
6. Inspired by 2001: A Space Odyssey
7. My home’s entryway really needed a paint job
8. The kitchen has literally never looked better.
9. Take down that wall!
10. It’s the same and yet totally different
11. She was a bit of a fixer-upper, but we fixed her up
12. This is called optimum use of space
13. Turning the attic crawlspace into the ultimate bunker
14. This Victorian house just needed some tender loving care
15. There was no zen around when this garden was being built.
16. This must have required real magic. Or immense patience
17. Nothing is more important than a peaceful bathroom
18. Replacing loose wires with winding stairs. Genius.