A picture is worth a thousand words they say. This is undeniably true for photos of the past. Historical photos are always fascinating. Growing up, we have all been often captivated by looking at numerous historical photos of wars and cities and celebrities. Here, we present to you some rare historical photographs that you probably haven’t ever seen before. Not only are they old, but they also give us a lovely glimpse of a time that is now almost forgotten.
1. An officer holds a cigar with two canaries on it, 1918.
2. A zoo-keeper gives a penguin a shower from a watering can, 1930.
3. A woodcutter competition taking place in Sydney, 1957.
4. Traffic is on hold as a cat walks by in New York City, 1925.
5. Author Ernest Hemingway shares dinner with a cat, 1940s.
6. From left to right: Henry Ford, Thomas Edison, the 29th President of the United States Warren G. Harding, and businessman Harvey Firestone, in 1921.
7. A woman paints a cow during World War II. This was to ensure that it doesn't become the victim of a vehicle collision, UK, 1939.
8. Franklin D. Roosevelt, the future 32nd President of the United States, sharing a light moment with his cousin, 1910.
9. Charlie Chaplin and Mahatma Gandhi, 1931.
10. Frank Sinatra having fun with a huge pile of pancakes.
11. Michael Jackson dressed as Charlie Chaplin, 1979.
12. Prince Charles having fun on the dance floor, 1980s.
13. Albert Einstein at the Grand Canyon, 1922.
14. Mark Twain spending some time in the lab of Nikola Tesla, 1894.
15. The first Ronald McDonald, Willard Scott, 1960s.
16. A look at the Disney employee cafeteria in 1961.
17. The first flight of the Wright brothers, the inventors of the world’s first airplane, 1903.