Stereotypes are not true, we all know that, but what can we do when we observe something that further reaffirms a stereotype about a specific city or country? That’s right, we laugh it off! This is how the viral “Meanwhile, in …” series of photos that took the internet by storm first started, where people take pictures that characterize, or even support certain stereotypes about a specific country or place in a very humorous way. Rude to some, amusing to others, we present to you our selection of 22 best “Meanwhile, in…” hilarious photos.
1. An authentic Texan safety helmet
2. Just your ordinary Russian toilet
3. Meanwhile, in Florida... Not everything tastes like chicken
4. In Alaska, even the moose abide by the driving rules, how about that?
5. Meanwhile, in China... I wonder why they clarified that last part, were there any precedents?
6. It was "bring your pet to school" day that day in Bosnia
7. Is this a very warm winter day or a very cold summer day in Canada?
8. Personal space in Finland is taken very seriously, some of these people waiting for the train could very well be close friends...
9. Getting back from work in China, a 50-lane road merging into a 4-lane one...
10. Floridian Gator hiding from... well, Floridians?
11. What would the establishment that printed this note have to look like that people confused it with the penis museum?
12. Meanwhile, in India... That's just some fair advice for the moderately-religious people out there
13. Who knew being a Polish nun is such a fun occupation?
14. Meanwhile, in Singapore... Some more legit advice and some great news there at the bottom, too
15. You're laughing, but each Swedish train has an English name, as does each bench, this one's name is Benchy Benchissen, for example ...
16. Finland and personal space, part 2, even the benches are for one person only, each looking in a different direction
17. Canadians are way too charming...
18. The original Hollywood, the one in Russia (St.Petersburg, I'm looking at you...)
20. With elegance, you say? That's a lot to demand, Japan, that's a lot to demand...
21. The story of how a goose has taken over the London underground...
22. Meanwhile, in India... Monkey and 3 men travel to work on a Monday morning