If you haven’t noticed, flower crowns are back in fashion! Thanks to instant picture filters like Snapchat’s, the heads of many profile pictures are adorned with flowery wreaths.
Yarely, an English professor at SDSU who set up an Instagram account for her dog Freya, caught on to the trend and decided to bring it to the next level, by making an actual flower crown for her pooch, using durable and beautiful artificial flowers.
The response was overwhelming. People loved the combination of a beautiful animal, bespoke craftsmanship and professional photography so much, that Yarely decided she’s going to start making all sorts of floral ornamentations for pets that are just too beautiful not to share.
Of course, getting a pet to model a flower crown could be pretty tricky. Yarely’s suggestion? Bribing them with treats!
1. Freya, the Australian Shepherd who inspired the project, rocking a unique collar
2. Move aside, Elsa, there’s a new Snow Queen in town!
3. There’s a reason they call it the catwalk- cats are natural-born models
4. Very happy to receive this birthday treat
5. Those blue eyes!
6. Perfect flower-girls for weddings
7. So regal and majestic
8. The sapphire roses complement his eyes so beautifully
9. Leo the Maine Coon is a definite favorite
10. But Freya, with her gorgeous heterochromia, deserves some love, too!
11. This little tiger decided to wear his crown as a belt, instead
12. Sleepy head
13. Is that mistletoe? Well, if not a kiss, this dog definitely deserves a belly rub
14. They just look so happy and proud of their fashionable crowns!
15. You don’t have to be fully-grown to get your own crown
16. And in case you were wondering- yes, she makes crowns for people as well. Pictured: Yarely and Freya