There aren’t many people who don’t enjoy a good chocolate bar in the middle of the day, and if it comes with caramel inside, it’s all the better. If you like snacks like these, such as famous Twix bars, you’ll be happy you came across this recipe! With this recipe, you can make a huge chocolate and caramel snack that everyone will be happy to taste, and the fact that you made it yourself will make it even more delicious!
Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for cookie dough:
Ingredients for caramel filling:
Ingredients for the thin chocolate layer:
Directions for cookie dough:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 °F (180 °C), grease 30 x 11 cm baking pan, and line it with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, and salt together. Add butter and mix everything together with your hands to make a dough.
3. Transfer the dough to the baking pan and cover with foil. Bake for 45 minutes, then remove the foil and bake again for 45-60 minutes, until the dough turns
4. After baking, let the cookie cool completely.
Directions for caramel filling:
1. Heat the glucose slightly to make it easier to mix with the rest of the ingredients.
2. Mix the brown sugar, glucose, butter, cream, and salt in a pot and heat over a medium-high heat.
3. Bring the caramel to a boil and cook for 5 minutes. Then reduce the flame and simmer for another 10 minutes until the caramel turns a deep gold color.
4. Remove the pot from heat and pour the caramel over the dough.
5. Let the caramel cool in the refrigerator for two hours.
Directions for the thin chocolate layer:
1. Place baking paper on a wide baking pan, and pour one-third of the melted chocolate on the baking paper. Spread it out with a spoon until you create a rectangle slightly larger than the cookie pan (33x12)
2. Place the chocolate rectangle on the cookie, and pour the remaining melted chocolate directly over the caramel layer.
3. Spread the chocolate on the cake with a spoon in zigzag motions to form ridges, and put in the refrigerator for 20 minutes until the chocolate hardens.
Directions for the chocolate coating:
1. While the chocolate layer is cooling, put the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-proof bowl. Microwave in 30-second increments until smooth.
2. Set aside a let cool for 15 minutes.
3. line a baking pan with baking paper, place 2 jars or cups upside down and place the cake on top of them.
4. Pour the chocolate coating over the cake, and use a spatula to gently spread it over the sides.
5. Carefully place the cake in the refrigerator for another hour until the chocolate hardens. Keep the cake in the refrigerator until serving.