Most people spend their money on buying cosmetics and products that contain harmful chemicals instead of natural and healthy ingredients. In fact, all the essential ingredients your skin needs are materials that are within reach, which is why you should know 6 wonderful beauty products that you can make yourself easily and inexpensively. These products will ensure that every part of your body receives the proper treatment it needs without harming it. So, the next time you think about buying a new lipstick, face mask or shampoo, try to make these products yourself, we're sure you won’t regret it.
This may sound hard to make, but preparing your own lip balm is actually a simple task. Most lip balms on the market contain chemicals and preservatives that may accidentally enter your mouth and cause damage, so all ingredients should be natural and even edible, as in the case of lipstick. This lip balm is composed of coconut oil, which is suitable not only for cooking and makes for a soft and effective treatment for cracked lips. Another oil found in this lip balm is almond oil to strengthen your lips, and together with the cocoa butter, they’ll give your lips just the right amount of shine. To make your lip balm perfect, add a few drops of Vitamin E, an antioxidant that will help your skin reduce contact with harmful agents. Just don’t leave this lip balm in a car or in a hot place.
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1 teaspoon almond oil
15 grams of cocoa butter (you can also use shea butter)
1-2 teaspoons mint extract (optional)
4 chocolate chips
3-4 drops of liquid vitamin E or other vegetable oil such as olive oil
1. Mix all the ingredients in a metal bowl and set aside.
2. Boil water in a small pot. When the water is boiling, place the bowl over the pot (making sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water) and mix the ingredients with a spoon.
3. Mix for about 5 minutes until the ingredients blend uniformly.
4. Pour the mixture into a small container (empty cream box or empty lipstick tube) and let it cool for 1 hour at room temperature.
5. It is recommended to store the lipstick in your purse or in the refrigerator and keep it in cool temperatures.
Many people are on the lookout for the ancient secret of the Fountain of Youth, and while that secret has not yet been discovered, a combination of several ingredients from your fridge will immediately have your skin feeling tighter and younger. This face mask helps reduce wrinkles and aging signs in the skin due to its wonderful ingredients: The cucumber contains antioxidants and vitamin C, which help the skin remove toxins and maintain its elasticity; And in the apple there are other antioxidants that inhibit the movement of free radicals, which are known to be a major factor in aging. After you try the mask, your skin will immediately feel young and fresh, all with ingredients that can be found in everyone's kitchen.
1 teaspoon applesauce
1 egg white
1 teaspoon lemon juice (fresh)
1. Grate a cucumber, add the egg white, a teaspoon of lemon juice and a teaspoon of applesauce.
2. Mix the mixture until it is uniform and thick. If the mixture is on the thinner side, add another cucumber or applesauce and continue stirring.
3. Apply the mask to your face and neck and let sit 20 minutes.
4. Wash your face with lukewarm water and gently pat it dry with a towel.
These little soaps are a new trend for the whole family, especially small children who like putting their hands in their mouths. They can be easily prepared in any home and kept in a small jar in the bathroom. After showering just grab one or two and rub them between your hands. The soaps can be made with Shea Butter, which treats dry skin and moisturizes it, or beeswax, which reduces the chances of infections and keeps your skin elastic. So, what are you waiting for? Start rubbing!
3 ½ teaspoons coconut oil
20 grams of cocoa butter
70 grams Shea butter (or beeswax)
1 ½ teaspoon almond oil
2-3 drops of olive oil (or liquid vitamin E )
1 ½ teaspoon essential oil of your choice
Measuring cup with a handle
Tray or mold with cool shapes
1. Fill half a pot with water and heat over a medium heat.
2. When the water is hot mix all the ingredients except the olive oil in the measuring cup and place the container in the pot.
3. Mix occasionally until you get a uniform liquid consistency.
4. Remove the container from the water and add olive oil, mix again and pour into your mold or tray.
5. place the tray/mold in the freezer and wait, in just a short time your wonderful soaps will be ready.
6. Another tip: You can add color to the soaps using beet juice you can make at home or any other natural juice.
After each shave, it is recommended to use a mineral-rich moisturizer that soothes the shaved area and prevents itching, redness or a feeling of discomfort. These symptoms occur not only in men, but also in women, and with a soothing cream made from natural ingredients such as coconut oil and shea butter, you can easily treat this problem. Shea Butter will give your skin extra moisture, and coconut oil will protect your skin from infections due to its antibacterial qualities. After shaving, simply apply the cream to the area, and it will help soften and soothe the skin.
⅛ cup coconut oil
⅔ cup melted shea butter
2-3 drops of orange oil (or aromatic fragrance oil, available at pharmacies and health stores)
1. Mix all the ingredients together until uniform.
2. Store in a jar in a cool place and rub on to the recently shaved skin.
The skin on our knees and elbows is an area of the body that many people don’t pay much attention to or care about. Although there are a variety of methods and ointments (such as mixing banana and honey, baking soda or rubbing with lemon peel) to help you get rid of the hard and cracked skin in these areas, not all will completely solve the problem and brighten your skin. The simple cream that will help you with this problem, however, consists of a teaspoon of yogurt and a little vinegar. The lactic acid found in yogurt, combined with the acetic acid in vinegar, manages to clear dark spots in the skin effectively.
1 teaspoon of yogurt
White vinegar (as needed)
1. Mix a teaspoon of yogurt with a little vinegar until you get a smooth and consistent cream like texture.
2. Apply the ointment to the elbows and knees and let it dry.
3. Rinse with warm water, and pat dry.
4. Repeat several times throughout the week.
5. Another tip: You can replace the vinegar with 2 tablespoons of flour, apply on the skin, leave for 15 minutes, gently massage with moist hands, peel and rinse with warm water.
Anyone who has hair on their head also uses shampoo. Your shampoos may help keep your hair shiny, but the many chemicals in it may not be as good for your scalp as they promise to be in commercials. If you are looking for a natural shampoo, coconut milk is highly recommended for treating split ends and baldness, contributes to hair restoration and nourishes the scalp. The organic shampoo or oil blend you use to make your new shampoo, along with coconut milk, will strengthen your hair and enrich it with vitamins, proteins, and minerals. Add essential oil to your shampoos to get the fragrance you like.
¼ cup coconut milk
⅓ Organic baby shampoo (can be replaced with a mixture of jojoba oil, rosemary, lavender, aloe vera, and chamomile extract)
1 teaspoon liquid vitamin E (or olive oil or almond oil)
10-20 drops of essential oil of your choice (e.g. lavender oil)
Glass bottle or storage container