1. Wash and cook the quinoa as per packet instructions, using water or stock. Drain and set aside.
2. Mix 3 ½ tablespoons of olive oil, toasted cumin, and salt in a bowl.
3. Trim the aubergines and slice lengthways into 1/8 inch thick slices. Brush the slices with the oil marinade.
4. Place a griddle pan or large frying pan over a medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Once hot, fry the aubergine slices for around 2-3 minutes on each side until they’re soft and colored. Once cooked, set aside on a kitchen towel to drain.
5. For the paneer and quinoa filling, place a non-stick pan on a medium heat and add some vegetable oil. Once hot, add the onion and sautée until they’re light brown in color.
6. Add the ginger-garlic paste, turmeric, salt, and chili powder and sauté for another 2 minutes.
7. Add the cooked quinoa and cook for 5-7 minutes, then add the grated paneer and remove from the heat. Finish with the garam masala powder and chopped coriander.
8. Lay out the aubergine slices on a chopping board. Spread a generous layer of the filling on top of each and add the vegetables. Roll up each slice to enclose the filling.