Our skin’s appearance and qualities constantly change throughout life. Already in our 20s, we see wrinkles around the eyes, which then spreads to the rest of our face, and in later stages, we notice changes in our facial structure which are tied to a slow drooping of the skin.
Along with these natural changes, changes in the appearance of the skin are also related to a host of negative factors that we are exposed to throughout life: excessive exposure to sun, smoking, excessive consumption of alcohol, poor nutrition, and more. Although there are many expensive treatments on the market, there are also natural solutions that can prevent and delay the damage caused to the skin, and help it look tighter and smoother. The following 10 natural remedies can treat various symptoms associated with loose and drooping skin.
1. Lemon - to increase the production of collagen
Throughout the aging process of the skin, collagen, the protein responsible for the skin's elasticity and tightness, goes through changes that slow down its processes and cause the skin to lose its elasticity and moisture, creating a more lax appearance. The vitamin C in lemon helps increase collagen production, which helps tighten the skin and reduce wrinkles and other early signs of aging.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice, and gently rub it against the skin of the face and neck with your hands.
- Wait for 5 to 10 minutes, then rinse your face with water.
- Repeat between 2 and 3 times a day.
- You can also add juice from half a lemon to a glass of cold water and spray the mixture on a wet face. Allow the mixture to dry for a few minutes and then wash it.
2. Aloe Vera – to firm up the skin
Natural aloe vera is one of the best solutions for firming up loose skin. This is due to malic acid, an acid-regulating substance that is abundant in aloe vera, which helps strengthen the skin and adds natural moisture to it.
- Gently rub a teaspoon of aloe gel on the face and neck or on any other area.
- Wait 15-20 minutes and rinse your face with lukewarm water.
- Repeat several times a week.
3. Cucumber – to tighten loose skin
In order to tighten loose skin, it is strongly recommended to use a face mask that includes cucumber. This vegetable has a positive effect on strengthening the connective tissue of the skin cells and therefore helps to keep the skin in place and doesn’t allow it to succumb to gravity.
- Grate half a cucumber and strain the gratings to collect the resulting juice.
- Dip a cotton pad in the juice and wipe your entire face with it.
- After the skin has dried, wash it with cool water.
- Do this once a day.
- At the same time, you can also make a face mask on the basis of cucumber with two tablespoons of fresh cucumber juice, an egg white and 3 drops of vitamin E. Apply the mask on the skin of the face and neck, wait 15 minutes and then rinse the skin with cold water.
4. Olive oil - to keep skin smooth and shiny
Massaging the face and neck with olive oil helps make loose and wrinkled skin smoother, and restore its glow. This is due to antioxidants such as vitamin A and vitamin E found in olive oil which turn it into a natural and effective anti-aging product.
- Heat some extra virgin olive oil in the microwave and apply it to the face after making sure it’s not too hot.
- Massage the face in circular movements with your fingertips for 10 minutes.
- Repeat once a day before bedtime.
- Other natural oils that can be used as a substitute for olive oil are avocado oil, coconut oil, grape oil, jojoba or almond oil. All oils are effective for loose skin not only of the facial area but also of the hands and feet.
5. Honey - to add moisture and color to the skin
Honey contains antioxidants and is characterized by anti-aging properties that together help moisturize mature and dry skin and eliminate the pale and unnatural appearance that may characterize it.
- Mix 2-3 teaspoons of honey with a few drops of lemon juice. Apply the solution to the face and neck or arms and legs. Allow it to dry and then rinse the skin with warm water.
- Repeat once or twice a day for the best results.
- You can also mix half a tablespoon of honey with a teaspoon of turmeric powder, apply the mixture on the face for 15 minutes, rinse it with lukewarm water and then splash a little cold water on the face. This mask should be used once a week.
6. Rose water - for taut and glowing skin
Rose water is a liquid that causes skin cells and enlarged pores to shrink, especially in the facial area, making it very useful for the appearance of taut skin and in fighting infections. In addition, rose water also helps the skin maintain its natural glow.
- In order to enjoy the benefits of rose water, you can wash your face with it before bedtime, or mix it with a few drops of almond oil into a mask that you keep on your face for about 20 minutes and then wash off with lukewarm water.
7. Baking soda – to soften worn out skin
Mature skin changes not only in its appearance but also in the way it feels. Baking soda helps mature skin become soft by removing dead skin cells and tightening the pores.
- Mix a teaspoon of baking soda with water.
- If you have not tried the treatment before, start by applying the solution to a small patch of skin on the inside of the elbow, and wait to see that you don’t have a reaction to it
- If all is well, massage the solution on your face or any other areas for a few minutes.
- Wait a few more minutes and rinse the skin with lukewarm water. This can be done once a week.
8. Cinnamon – to restore the natural elasticity of the skin
While the natural elasticity of young skin helps it "stay" in place, reduced collagen production causes the skin to lose this feature resulting in sagginess. Cinnamon helps restore the skin's natural elasticity, thereby contributing to a younger appearance.
- Mix one teaspoon of cinnamon powder, 1 teaspoon turmeric powder, half teaspoon salt and 2 drops of olive oil into a salve.
- Rub the salve gently on the face and neck area for a few minutes, then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Use this natural exfoliator once or twice a week.
9. Milk - to restore skin vitality
One of the problems of mature skin is that it often looks dry and lifeless. Milk and other dairy products have earned a place of respect in skin care thanks to their high protein and antiseptic content, and they can be used to prevent the accumulation and promote the removal of dead skin cells. You can use plain milk, but it is recommended to use yogurt or camel milk.
- Use a cotton round to apply the dairy product of your choice to your face. Let it sit on your skin for 15-30 minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water and wipe your face dry.
10. Strawberry - to improve the overall appearance of mature skin
Mature skin may look dull and thin, and may also be more sensitive to the touch and less weather-resistant. Because they are rich in vitamin C, strawberries work just like disinfectants on the skin. In addition, they also contain alpha-hydroxyl acids that enhance the overall appearance of mature skin.
- Mash 2-3 ripe strawberries and mix them with a teaspoon of yogurt and a teaspoon of honey.
- Place the mixture on the desired area, wait 5 minutes, and then rinse with lukewarm water.
- Repeat once a day, and you’ll start noticing changes in your skin’s appearance after a few weeks.